What exactly is laser hair removal?
It is a procedure used to get rid of unwanted hair in different areas of the body.
It throws highly concentrated light into the hair follicles, and the pigment in the follicles absorbs it and destroys the hair.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
How to prepare for Laser Hair Removal
If you plan to get Laser Hair Removal, you should avoid these things:
- Plucking / Threading
- Direct sun exposure
- Blood-thinning medicines
What to expect during Laser Hair Removal
- Your treating doctor or technician will explain the whole procedure to you in advance.
- If your pain threshold is low, numbing cream is usually applied to numb the area.
- Gel is applied.
- Your eyes are covered with safety goggles.
- After this, the doctor will start the procedure.
- You may expect temporary discomfort / redness after the procedure. It will go away in 1–2 hours.
Frequency of Laser Hair Removal?
Initially, you need to get sessions every 4 weeks, but after 6 sessions it is scheduled 6 weekly.
- Topical oral retinoids
- Sun burn
- Active acne
- Bleeding disorder
- Cut / Abrasions
- Severe scarring
- Open Wounds