What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is also known as chemexfoliation or derma peeling.
It uses a chemical solution to improve the appearance of the skin.
The chemical solution, which is customized according to the skin condition and need, is applied to the skin, which causes trauma and injury to the skin, which gradually peels off to a new and youthful skin.
Chemical peels can target
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin tone
- Liver spots
- Acne scarring
- Rough patchy skin
What to expect after a chemical peel:
- Flaking of skin
Chemical peeling is not recommended for those who have
- History of abnormal scarring
- Have skin allergy
- Sensitive skin
- Suntan skin
- Avoid skin tanning before and after chemical peel
- Use topical products as advised by the doctor to prepare skin
- Do not use retinols at least 2 weeks before treatment
- Skin should be free of open sores, lesions.